Sana’a, Feb 14 (EFE).- Three bombing raids carried out in Yemen by the Saudi-led Arab coalition have cut the country’s access to international calls, rebel Houthi forces, who control the capital Sana’a, told Efe.
The latest attack targeting a telecommunications tower came just one month after Arab coalition strikes sent the country into an internet blackout for four days.
Efe could confirm that a third airstrike on Monday evening targeted a building belonging to the country’s telecoms company TeleYemen, which had been damaged by two previous strikes on Sunday night.
A source from the company told Efe on the condition of anonymity that the building had been evacuated beforehand and that there were no human casualties as a result of the bombing.
Mesfer Abdullah Al-Numair, telecommunications minister with the Houthi government, said the strike had disrupted international call services in a “large part” of the country.
The airstrike by the Arab coalition took place in the north of the capital Sana’a, which has been in the hands of the Iran-backed Shiite Houthi movement since 2014.
The Arab aerial coalition led by Saudi Arabia launched its campaign in support of the internationally-backed Yemeni government in 2015. EFE