Bangkok, Feb 10 (EFE).- The number of casualties from a recent landslide in the Philippines increased to 27 dead and 35 injured, while 89 remained missing, the authorities said Saturday.
The landslide occurred on Tuesday and buried two buses of a mining company on the island of Mindanao, in the south of the country.
The National Council for Disaster Risk Management and Reduction (NDRRMC) said 5,318 people in four districts of Maco, in Davao de Oro, have been affected by the landslide.
The landslide destroyed 64 homes in the area near a mining site, local media Philippine Star reported.
On Friday, emergency teams located and rescued a three-year-old girl and a baby, a boy just two months old, and immediately took them to the hospital in Mawab town, South Davao province.
The southern Philippines has been experiencing heavy rains since Jan. 28, causing landslides and flooding in several areas of Mindanao, including Davao province.
Since then, at least 18 people have been killed and another 11 injured in other incidents in the island, according to the latest report of the NDRRMC. EFE