Sports Desk, Dec 28 (EFE).- Barcelona on Tuesday announced the signing of Ferran Torres from Manchester City for five seasons.
“Hello Culers, I am very happy to announce that today I will join the club,” he said in a video posted on the club’s Twitter account.
“The player has signed a contract for the next five seasons, until 30 June 2027,” the Catalan club said in a statement, adding that his buyout clause had been set at 1 billion euros.
The Spanish forward will be presented to the media as a new Barcelona player on 3 January, the statement added.
The 21-year-old has practically fully recovered from a fractured right foot he sustained on 10 October and seems to be ready for his Barcelona debut in the coming weeks.
Barcelona have been struggling with financial issues that forced the departure of Argentine star Lionel Messi.
Barcelona’s on-field trouble only grew bigger due to the sudden retirement of his countryman Sergio Aguero due to a heart issue, which has limited their team selection.
They are now 7th in LaLiga table with 28 points, 18 behind the leader and arch-nemesis Real Madrid with a game in hand. EFE