Health

Hong Kong Disneyland closes again amid 3rd coronavirus wave

Hong Kong, Jul 14 (efe-epa).- Hong Kong Disneyland will close again due to a coronavirus outbreak in the city, the theme park said in a statement on Tuesday.

“As required by the government and health authorities in line with prevention efforts taking place across Hong Kong, Hong Kong Disneyland park will temporarily close from 15 July,” the park said in a statement published on its website.

In the statement, Disneyland said that hotels within the leisure complex would remain open, but that they would comply with security regulations such as ensuring social distancing measures and ramping up the cleaning and disinfection of premises.

The park had reopened its doors on 18 June once the pandemic was deemed under control in the Chinese special administrative region.

Disneyland Hong Kong remained closed shop on 25 January when the city went into lockdown.

Hong Kong has been in the midst of a third wave of infections since last week and which local authorities have dubbed “the most dangerous” since March.

On Monday Chief Executive Carrie Lam announced fresh measures that will come into effect on Wednesday.

A ban on travelers from at-risk regions has been established unless visitors can provide a negative coronavirus test.

The number of people that can gather in public has been curbed to four and restaurants will only be able to offer takeaways between 6 pm and 5 am.

Bars, nightclubs, karaokes and gyms will be temporarily closed for seven days when the measures will again be reviewed.

Tags

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close
Close