Kevin Spacey pleads not guilty to sex assault charges in London
London, Jul 14 (EFE).- Oscar winner Kevin Spacey Thursday pleaded not guilty to several sexual assault offenses during a hearing at a London court.
The Hollywood star, formally charged on June 13, was surrounded by members of the press as he arrived at the Old Bailey Criminal Court in central London.
Spacey denied all four counts of sexual assault and one count of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.
The alleged offenses are said to have taken place between 2005 and 2013 while Spacey was artistic director of the Old Vic theatre in London.
The 62-year-old, who won his first Oscar in 1995 for The Usual Suspects and his second in 1999 for American Beauty, attended the opening of his trial at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on June 16 and was granted unconditional bail until his next appearance.
Last month, Spacey’s lawyer, Patrick Gibbs, said before the Westminster court that his client “strenuously denies any and all criminality in this case,” and stressed that he would prove it during the trial.
During Thursday’s hearing, the judge set a trial of up to four weeks to take place starting from June 6, 2023. EFE