Crime & Justice
Manchester City’s Mendy charged with two additional counts of rape
London, Nov 16 (EFE).- Manchester City’s Benjamin Mendy has been accused of two additional counts of rape, the Crown Prosecution Service said Tuesday, a day before the French player is due to appear in court.
Mendy, who is currently suspended from the team due to the cases against him, had already been accused of four counts of rape and one of sexual assault relating to four accusers over the age of 16.
The alleged crimes took place between October 2020 and August 2021.
Mendy, 27, is due before Stockport Magistrates Court on Wednesday.
Facing the same charges is Louis Saha Matturie, 40, the CPS said.EFE