London, Mar 1 (efe-epa).- Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has been moved to St Bartholomew’s for further treatment after spending two weeks at another hospital in London, Buckingham Palace said Monday.
In a statement, the Palace said Queen Elizabeth II’s husband would “undertake testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition.”
The palace said that while he “remains comfortable and is responding to treatment”, he is expected to remain in hospital “until at least the end of the week.”
There, “doctors will continue to treat him for an infection, as well as undertake testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition.”
Prince Philip, who will turn 100 in June, had been admitted to King Edward VIII hospital 13 days ago as a precautionary measure after feeling unwell at Windsor Castle, outside London, where he was complying with the lockdown in England to contain the spread of Covid-19. EFE-EPA