Spurs boss Conte open to Eriksen return in future
London, Feb 9 (EFE).- Tottenham Hotspur coach Antonio Conte on Wednesday suggested there would be room at the club in the future for former Spurs player Christian Eriksen, who has returned to the game following his recovery from a dramatic cardiac arrest on the pitch at Euro 2020.
The Dane played under the Italian manager at Inter Milan, which released Eriksen after suffering a heart attack during Denmark’s Euro 2020 clash against Finland at Copenhagen’s Parken stadium in June. Erisken previously spent seven seasons with Spurs and currently dons the colors of Brentford, where he has signed a short-term contract.
“Eriksen is part of Tottenham’s story. To come back here would be a good opportunity for him, for me, for the club,” Conte said.
“But now he’s signed for Brentford, only six months, and we’ll see what happens,” he added.
During the winter transfer window, Brentford gave Eriksen a chance to re-launch his career as he was training with Ajax’s youth team since recovering from the health issues.
The 29-year-old, who joined the Premier League club’s training this week, will not make his Brentford debut against Manchester City, the league leader, later on this evening.
Brentford’s coach Thomas Frank said he was not ready to debut against the Citizens and did not reveal when he would be able to return to the pitch for the first time since the Euro incident. EFE