An incorrect carrying capacity is listed, which can allow overloading
October 29, 2019
Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 101 of the following vehicles:
- Model year 2014 Tuscany 36M, 40E;
- Model year 2015 Citation 24SL, Siesta 24SL, Axis 25.1 and Vegas 25.1;
- Model year 2016 Four Winds 31E, 31W, 35SF, Chateau 31E, 31W, Synergy SD24, Citation 24SL, 24SS & Siesta 24SL, 24SS, 2017 Four Winds 31E, 31W, Chateau 31E, 35SD, Citation 24SS & Siesta 24SS;
- Model year 2018 Citation 24SS & Siesta 24SS;
- Model year 2019 Quantum CR24, Four Winds 24BL, Citation 24MB & Siesta 24MB; and
- Model year2020 Quantum CR24, Citation 24MB, Siesta 24MB, Chateau 24BL & Synergy 24MB vehicles.
The Occupant and Cargo Carrying Capacity (OCCC) label has the incorrect carrying capacity listed, which can allow the vehicle to be overloaded.
An inadvertently overloaded motorhome due to an incorrect carrying capacity can increase the risk of a crash.
What to do
TMC will notify owners, and dealers will issue new OCCC labels with correct seating positions and weight calculations, free of charge.
The recall is expected to begin December 2, 2019.
Owners may contact TMC customer service at (877) 855-2867. TMC’s number for this recall is RC000176.