Tucker Carlson breaks silence after Fox News exit, saying ‘see you soon’
Washington, Apr 26 (EFE).- Conservative former Fox News host Tucker Carlson broke his silence on Wednesday, reappearing in a video on his Twitter account, which he concludes by saying “see you soon.”
It is the first time Carlson, the controversial ex-host of “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” has publicly spoken since he abruptly left the channel earlier this week, although he did not address his exit.
The video, just over two minutes long, has a strong anti-establishment tone and in it Carlson says that American media does not permit debates on “big topics”, such as “war, civil liberties, emerging science, demographic change, corporate power, natural resources.”
The conservative, one of the main allies of Donald Trump during his presidency, claims that those debates “aren’t permitted in American media” as the country’s two political parties and their donors collude to silence issues that do not benefit them.
However, he says that there are still spaces where there are “Americans saying true things,” and that “as long as you can hear the words, there is hope.”
“See you soon,” he concludes.
Fox announced Carlson’s departure on Monday in a brief statement, but did not give reasons for his reported ousting.
The announcement came less than a week after the company agreed to pay Dominion Voting Systems $787.5 million to settle a defamation lawsuit in which the voting machine company accused Fox of promoting lies about fraud and its equipment during the 2020 US election.
Dominion’s main trump card in the trial, which in the end did not take place, were numerous internal messages from Fox journalists and executives making it clear that they did not believe the lies that their own company was feeding to viewers, but aired them anyway. EFE