Kabul, Sep 18 (EFE).- A bomb blast Saturday killed at least two Taliban fighters and wounded 19 others in the eastern Jalalabad city, a health official said, in the first deadly attack after American troops withdrew from Afghanistan on Aug.30
The official from the health department in the eastern Nangarhar province said three civilians were among the wounded. The remaining dead and injured are Taliban militiamen deployed for the security of the city.
The injured persons are currently under treatment in a provincial hospital, and a few of them are critical, the official told EFE on the condition of anonymity.
A magnetic bomb blast rocked Kabul earlier in the day, Taliban police officer Qari Rashid told EFE.
He did not share more details.
But Ali Ahmad, an eyewitness, told EFE that the IED attached to a private car caused no casualties.
The explosions were the first in Afghanistan after the Taliban gained control of the country on Aug.30 when the last foreign soldier left the Kabul airport.
Three days before the United States completed the pullout from Afghanistan, a terrorist attack at Kabul’s international airport killed at least 170 people, including 13 American soldiers.
The Afghan branch of the Islamic State claimed the deadly strike on Aug.17 when crowds of people had gathered outside the airport hoping to flee Taliban-ruled Afghanistan.
Militants affiliated with the Islamic State-Khorasan are active in Nangarhar.
There have been several deadly clashes between Islamic State militants and Taliban fighters over the past many in the eastern province.
The global militant group is still present in remote parts of Nangarhar. EFE