Madrid, Jun 2 (EFE).- Carlo Ancelotti promised to deliver “offensive, spectacular and intense soccer” to achieve titles at Real Madrid at the presentation for his second stint as Real Madrid coach on Wednesday.
Ancelotti, who had been in charge at Everton since December 2019, agreed to replace Zinedine Zidane on Tuesday.
“I’m very happy to return to what I feel is my home and I’m going to put all my energy into trying to repeat what we achieved in the past,” he said.
The Italian led Los Blancos to the club’s 10th Champions League title during his first spell in charge between 2013 and 2015.
“I have very good memories of the two years I spent here, the titles, the relationship I had with everyone. We are going to repeat it in this new challenge,” he said in his first appearance before the press after signing a contract for the next three seasons.
Ancelotti guaranteed spectacular football as the shortest way to success: “I promise the same because the tradition, the history of this club, is to try to play an offensive, spectacular and intense soccer”.
“I think football has changed in these five years, it is more intense and aggressive. Some rules have changed, but Real Madrid’s soccer has to be offensive and spectacular as the fans want,” he stressed.
Ancelotti praised Zidane’s success at the helm of the team, but said he must have “respect for all” when asked about the French coach’s farewell letter in which he said he was undermined by certain people within the club.
“I didn’t understand what he meant,” Ancelotti admitted.
“I’ve been in football for 40 years and it’s normal to talk. You are the coach, the players play, the journalists tell what happens and it’s all normal. That’s how it is and we have to accept it. Above all, we have to respect everyone who works in this world. Players, coaches and journalists,” he said.