Duchess of Cambridge forced to isolate after Covid contact
London, Jul 5 (EFE).- The Duchess of Cambridge is self-isolating after coming into contact with someone who tested positive for Covid-19, Kensington Palace said Monday.
Catherine and her husband Prince William were due to take part in a ceremony marking the 73rd anniversary of the National Health Service, which was awarded the George Cross by Queen Elizabeth II to mark the occasion.
“Last week The Duchess of Cambridge came into contact with someone who has subsequently tested positive for Covid-19,” a statement from Kensington Palace said.
“Her Royal Highness is not experiencing any symptoms, but is following all relevant government guidelines and is self-isolating at home.”
On Friday, Catherine visited the installations and museum at the Wimbledon tennis tournament currently taking place in London.
Her husband Prince William, second-in-line to the throne, got Covid-19 in April 2020.
The United Kingdom is currently witnessing another surge in coronavirus cases. Health authorities on Sunday said over 24,000 had been detected in the previous 24 hours.EFE